Have you encountered the following messages from windows when you try to delete, move or rename a locked file?
- Can’t delete files
- Access is denied
- It is being used by another program
- Cannot read from the source file or disk
- Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected
Windows won’t allow you to delete, move or rename files that open programs have locked. if you try to modify the file and see a error message, you’ll have to unlock the file (or close the program).
Here are the steps to unlock a file:
- Install & Run Process Checker
- Run the program by right clicking on the file and then choose Process Checker
- Terminate the related processes that are using the selected file
- Unlock completed. Now you can delete, move or rename this unlocked file in your File Explorer