1. Open the Run dialogue box either by pressing the “Windows” + “R” keys on your keyboard or by searching for it in the start menu.
2. In the Run dialogue box type “regedit” and press “Enter”. This will open the Registry Editor window.
3. On the left panel of the window, navigate to the registry key that contains the value you wish to edit.
4. Once you find the key, double click on it to open the values associated with it.
5. Select the value you want to edit and then make changes to its data. You can also change the value’s type, name and data length.
6. Once you have made all the necessary changes, click on “OK”.
7. To save the new changes, go to the “File” menu and click on “Save”.
8. You can also export the registry key containing the changed value to a .reg file for backup purposes by going to the “File” menu and selecting “Export”.
9. Once you have exported the .reg file into a safe location, you can use the “REGEDIT /s [filename]” command to apply the changes to other registry keys as well.