1. Run disk cleanup or a similar program to delete temporary files, uninstall unused programs, and remove any unwanted startup items.
3. Use a lightweight antivirus program and keep it up-to-date.
4. Delete browser data such as cookies and cached files.
5. Disable visual effects that may be slowing down your system.
6. Run a malware scan with an effective anti-malware program.
7. Make sure you have enough available RAM and free hard drive space.
8. Defragment your hard drive.
9. Upgrade your hardware if necessary.