1. Use good virus protection and keep it up-to-date.
3. Uninstall any software or programs that you no longer need or use.
4. Scan for and remove any malware or spyware.
5. Monitor your start up to ensure only necessary programs are launching when your computer starts.
6. Update your operating system regularly.
7. Turn off your computer when not in use and avoid leaving it running overnight.
8. Regularly delete your temporary files.
9. Ensure you have enough hard drive storage space by deleting old files and using an external drive or cloud storage options.
10. Backup important files regularly.