1. Keep your operating system and software up-to-date by installing any security patches.
3. Install a robust firewall and make sure that it is active and configured correctly.
4. Avoid downloading software from untrustworthy sources.
5. Be aware of what emails you open and the websites you visit to avoid malicious links.
6. Use strong passwords for all of your accounts and enable two-factor authentication when available.
7. Consider using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) when connecting to public networks.
8. Use a reputable pop-up blocker.
9. Enable the “Ask before opening” feature in your browser.
10. Use ad blockers to help reduce malicious advertisements.