Yes, you can customize settings in Windows Defender.
Windows Defender is a built-in antivirus program that provides real-time protection against malicious software, such as viruses, spyware, and other malicious programs. It is included with Windows 10 and is updated on a regular basis.
Windows Defender contains several features to help you customize the way it works to better protect your computer. Here are some of the settings you can customize in Windows Defender:
1. Real-Time Protection: This feature allows Windows Defender to routinely scan your system for any threats, so you can be sure that your computer is always safe. You can customize the frequency of scans, and set specific times for when scanning occurs.
2. Exclusions: This feature allows you to exclude certain files and folders from being scanned, which can be helpful if there are certain applications or areas of your system that you do not want Windows Defender to scan.
3. Firewall: The firewall feature in Windows Defender helps protect your system from unauthorized access and malicious attacks by controlling which programs can connect to the Internet. You can customize the behavior of the firewall to allow or block certain types of connections, and you can also control how the firewall interacts with other programs.
4. Application Control: This feature allows you to control which applications are allowed to run on your system. You can customize this setting to only allow programs from specific sources to run, or to block all unknown programs from running.
5. Security Updates: This feature allows you to customize how often Windows Defender checks for security updates and downloads them, so you can always be sure your system is up to date with the latest security fixes.
6. Windows Defender Report: This feature allows you to view detailed information about malware detections on your system, including which threats have been detected, what they are doing, and when they were detected.
7. Advanced Settings: This feature allows you to customize more advanced settings in Windows Defender, such as the type of files that Windows Defender scans for, the type of scans that it performs, and more.
By adjusting the settings in Windows Defender, you can customize how it works to provide the best possible protection for your system. Make sure to regularly check for Windows Defender updates to keep your system safe and secure.