Yes, adding more RAM can help a slow computer. Here are the steps:
1. Check the current amount of RAM in your computer. You can do this by opening the ‘System Information’ window on a Windows PC or using the ‘System Profiler’ app on a Mac.
2. Determine what type of RAM your computer uses. This information should be listed in the “System Information” or “System Profiler” window.
3. Purchase the appropriate RAM for your computer. Make sure to check the maximum RAM capacity that your computer supports.
4. Install the new RAM. Make sure to handle the RAM with care and follow the necessary steps based on the type of RAM you purchased.
5. Close all open applications and restart your computer.
6. Test your computer’s performance. You should notice an improved speed and responsiveness.