Adding a printer through the Windows control panel is a relatively straightforward process. To begin, first ensure your printer is connected to your PC via USB or network connection and powered on.
1. Open the Start menu and select Settings.
2. Select Devices.
3. Select Printers & scanners.
4. Click the ‘Add a printer or scanner’ button.
5. Windows will attempt to detect any available printers. Select the printer you wish to add and click the ‘Next’ button.
6. If the printer is compatible with Windows, you will be prompted to select the type of driver you wish to use for the printer. If the printer is already installed on your system, select the ‘Use the driver that is currently installed’ option and click ‘Next.’ Otherwise, you should select the ‘Use the driver from the manufacturer’s website’ option and click ‘Next.’
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process. You may be asked to provide certain information depending on the type of printer you selected.
8. Once the installation is complete, click ‘Finish’ to close the wizard.
Your printer should now appear in the Printers & scanners list. If you wish to change the default settings for the printer, hover your mouse over the printer and select the ‘Manage’ option. This will open the printer’s settings page where you can change settings such as paper size, color depth, and resolution.