Changing the appearance of your desktop can be done in a few different ways.
1. Choose a custom wallpaper or background image: The most basic way to customize your desktop is to select a new background image or wallpaper. There are thousands of wallpapers available online that you can download for free or pay a small fee for. You can also create your own wallpaper by using your own photos or artwork. To change the wallpaper on your desktop, right-click on the desktop and select “Personalize” from the menu that appears. From the Personalization window, select “Background” and then pick the type of wallpaper you want to use.
2. Customize the desktop icons: By default, most computers have generic icons on the desktop for My Computer, My Network Places, and Recycle Bin. You can customize these icons by downloading new icons from the internet or creating your own. Right-click on the icon you want to replace and select “Properties”. In the dialog box that appears, select the “Change Icon” button at the bottom. Then, choose the icon you want to use.
3. Change the desktop fonts: If you want to change the font used for the labels on your desktop, you can do so by going to the Control Panel and selecting “Appearance and Personalization”. From there, select “Fonts” and then pick the font you want to use.
4. Install a custom theme: If you want more extensive changes to the look of your desktop, you may want to install a custom theme. These themes can change the wallpaper, icons, fonts, and even the sounds for the computer. To install a custom theme, right-click on the desktop and select “Personalize”. From here, you can browse through the available themes or search online for downloadable themes.
5. Add widgets and gadgets: Widgets and gadgets are little programs that add functionality and eye-candy to your desktop. To add one, right-click on the desktop and select “Gadgets”. From there, you can browse through the available widgets and gadgets and select the ones you want to add.
No matter what changes you make to your desktop, remember to save all of your work before you shut down your computer. This will ensure that all of the changes you made remain intact when you turn the computer back on.