Windows Control Panel contains various settings and options that allow users to configure their computers. The Power Options within the Windows Control Panel allows you to configure the computer’s power plans. This helps you maximize battery life, performance, or a balance between the two based on your preferences.
To access and change the power settings in the Windows Control Panel:
1. Open the Start Menu and type “Control Panel” into the search box. Select the Control Panel from the search results.
2. Click on the Hardware and Sound category and select Power Options.
3. On the screen that follows, you will see a series of available power plans. Depending on the version of Windows you are running, you may have four or more power plans available.
4. To change the default power plan, click on Change Plan Settings next to the plan you want to edit.
5. On the screen that follows, you can adjust a variety of different settings for your power plan, such as when the computer should sleep, what should happen when you press the power button, and more.
6. When you have finished making changes to your power plan, click Save Changes at the bottom of the window. Your power plan will now be updated with the new settings.
7. If you want to create a new power plan, click on Create a Power Plan at the top of the window. From here, you can choose a predefined plan or customize your own.
8. To delete a power plan, select the plan you want to delete and then click on Delete Plan at the bottom of the window.
By configuring the power settings in the Windows Control Panel, you can customize your computer’s power plans to optimize battery life, performance, or a combination of both. Follow the steps outlined above to access and make changes to your power settings.