1. Uninstall unwanted programs: To save space on your hard drive, uninstall any programs you are no longer using.
2. Delete Temporary Files: Temporary files can take up a lot of unnecessary space on your hard drive. Delete temporary files by opening the Start menu, typing %temp% into the search bar and hitting Enter. This will open a folder with all of your computer’s temporary files. You can then select all of them and delete them.
3. Clean up system files: You can use the built-in Disk Cleanup tool to remove unnecessary system files. To do this, open the Start menu, type disk cleanup, and select the “Disk Cleanup” app. Select which types of files you want to delete and click OK.
4. Move files to external storage: If you have large files or folders that you don’t need access to every day, consider moving them to an external hard drive or USB thumb drive.
5. Delete downloads: Go through the downloads folder on your computer and delete any files that have accumulated over time.