The Start menu is a key feature of the Windows 10 operating system, providing users with easy access to files, folders, applications, and settings stored on the computer or network. Customizing the Start menu can make it easier for users to find what they need, as well as making their computer more personalized and suited to their individual needs.
To customize the Start menu on Windows 10, open the Settings app by clicking on the Start button or pressing the Windows Key+I.
In the Settings window, click on Personalization > Start. Here, you can customize several aspects of the Start menu, including:
1) Display Settings: You can choose whether to display recently added apps, most used apps, and other pin-able items.
2) Customize List: Here, you can add and remove items from the Start menu, such as File Explorer, Settings, and Power. You can also rearrange items by dragging and dropping them into the desired location.
3) Tiles: You can choose which tiles appear in the Start menu and rearrange them by dragging and dropping. You can also customize each tile’s icon, name and size.
4) Resize: You can resize the Start menu by dragging and dropping the edges of the window.
5) Background: You can choose a custom background for the Start menu, such as a photo, solid color, or slideshow.
6) Show App List in Start Menu: This option allows you to have all your apps in a single list, rather than spread out across multiple columns.
7) Show Suggestions in Start: This option will display suggested apps and files in the Start menu.
Once you’ve finished customizing the Start menu, click “Apply” or “OK” to save your changes. Your customized Start menu will then appear when you open the Start menu or press the Windows key.
Customizing the Start menu on Windows 10 can be a great way to make your computer more personal and tailored to your needs. With just a few clicks, you can make your Start menu easier to use and better suited to your individual needs.