The most common method for opening an image file in Windows is through the File Explorer. This is the program you open when you click on “My Computer” or “This PC” on your desktop.
1. Once you open the File Explorer, you will see a list of folders and drives on the left-hand side. You can choose the one which holds the image file you are looking to open.
2. Once you have the folder open with the image, you should be able to see the name and type of file. Depending on the file type, it should be something like “.jpg”, “.jpeg”, “.gif”, “.png”, or other image types.
3. Left-click once on the file name and it should open in a new window. If it did not open in a new window, you may be able to double-click on the file name to open it in another window.
4. In the new window, you will be able to view the image. Some image types may require special software to view it properly, such as PDF files or RAW images. If your file does not open in the window, you may need to download specific software for that file type.
5. Finally, if you want to edit the image, you can use Microsoft Paint or Adobe Photoshop. These programs are available for free as part of Office 365. So if you have Office 365 installed, you can easily open and edit the image file.
In addition to the above steps, there are other methods you can use to open your image file. For example, if you right-click on the file name you will get a context menu. From this menu, you can choose “Open With…” and then select the program you want to use to open the image. This option allows you to choose from installed programs, such as Microsoft Paint or Adobe Photoshop, or you can choose from programs you have downloaded from the internet.
Finally, if you are trying to open an image file from the web, you can directly open the image in your browser window. Web browsers, such as Chrome or Firefox, can open certain image types without additional software. All you have to do is click the link or type the web address into the browser. Then you can view the image in the browser window.