1. Install and maintain antivirus software: Antivirus software is designed to detect, prevent, and remove malicious programs from your computer.
2. Keep your operating system and other software up to date: Software updates often include security patches that can help protect your computer from new viruses and other malicious software.
3. Avoid downloading pirated software: Pirated software can contain malicious code or viruses.
4. Be careful when opening email attachments: Email attachments are a common source of viruses, so only open an attachment if you trust the sender.
5. Use strong passwords: Weak passwords make it easier for malicious software to get into your computer. Use strong passwords that include a mix of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
6. Use a Firewall: Firewalls act as a barrier between your computer and the internet and can help block malicious software from getting into your computer.