To access the Power Options settings in the Windows Control Panel, you will need to follow the steps outlined below.
1. On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key + R. This will open the Run dialog box.
2. In the Run box, type ‘control’ and press Enter. This will open the Windows Control Panel.
3. In the Windows Control Panel, click on the option ‘Hardware and Sound’.
4. In the Hardware and Sound section, click on the option ‘Power Options’.
5. The Power Options window will now open. Here, you can view the available power plans and make changes to the current plan such as setting the system to hibernate or sleep after a certain period of time. You can also create new power plans or modify existing ones.
The Power Options settings in the Control Panel allow users to easily manage power options on their computer. By making appropriate changes in the settings, users can ensure that their computer does not stay on for too long, even when it is not in use, thus conserving energy and reducing power consumption.