1. Navigate to the Control Panel. On Windows 10, click on the Start button and then select Settings. In the Settings window, select System and then choose “Power & Sleep” from the left sidebar menu.
2. Click on the “Additional Power Settings” link at the bottom of the window. This will open the Power Options window.
3. On the left side of the window, you will see a list of power plans. These are preset configurations that adjust various power settings depending on your usage. Select the plan you want to modify.
4. To adjust the individual settings for the selected plan, click on the “Change Plan Settings” link. This will open a new window with a list of all the settings you can customize.
5. To make changes to any specific setting, simply click on it and then select the desired option from the drop-down menu. When you’re done making your adjustments, click “Save Changes” and your new settings will be applied.
6. Finally, if you want to create a new power plan or delete an existing one, click on the “Create a Power Plan” or “Delete a Plan” links at the top of the Power Options window. You can also rename a plan by selecting it and clicking on the “Rename” option from the context menu.