To change the desktop background in the Windows Control Panel, follow the steps below:
1. Start the Windows Control Panel. To open it, locate the Control Panel icon on the Start menu or press the Windows key to bring up the search bar, type “Control Panel” and press Enter.
2. Depending on the version of Windows, choose the category “Appearance and Personalisation”, or “Personalisation”.
3. In the left-hand navigation panel, select “Change Desktop Background”.
4. You will now be presented with a list of available backgrounds. You can select an image from this list, or you can use your own image. To do this, click the “Browse” button and navigate to the desired image.
5. Select the image and click “Open”. The image will appear in the “Desktop Background” list.
6. Click “OK” to accept the new setting and exit the Window.
7. Your Desktop Background has now been changed. To verify, click any empty space on your Desktop. The new image will appear.
Finally, if you wish to make additional changes, such as choosing how the image is displayed on your Desktop (centred, tiled or stretched) or setting a solid colour or slideshow as your Desktop Background, you can do so by using the options in the “Desktop Background” window.