Changing your display settings in the control panel enables you to adjust the appearance of text and other items on your computer or laptop’s monitor. This is useful for making text easier to read and for adjusting the overall look of your computer’s desktop.
Before you begin, make sure that you have a current backup of your important files and documents. This will help ensure that any problems that may occur while changing the settings can be easily reversed.
To change display settings in the Control Panel:
1. Open the Start menu and select “Control Panel”.
2. Choose the “Appearance and Personalization” option from the list of options.
3. Select “Display”. You may also need to select “Adjust Screen Resolution” if the Display option does not appear.
4. Choose your preferred resolution. The resolution is the number of pixels used to display an image. Higher resolutions use more pixels and produce clearer images, but require more power from your computer or laptop. Most computers come with a recommended setting, which is typically the best choice.
5. Adjust the brightness if necessary.
6. Select a color scheme. This is a collection of colors used throughout your computer’s desktop.
7. Select a font size. This size affects how text appears in all programs on your computer.
8. Change any other display settings you want to adjust. These include items such as screen orientation, icon size, and more.
9. Click “Apply” when you are finished.
10. Click “OK” when you are finished.
If you don’t like the changes you made, you can go back and repeat the steps above until you find a display setting you’re happy with.
When you are finished, your new display settings should take effect immediately. Your computer may require a few moments to adjust to the new settings, but it should return to its normal operation soon.