Changing your power settings in the Control Panel is an easy way to customize how your computer runs when using various modes of power.
1. Click the Start button on your desktop and then click Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel window, click the Power Options link.
3. In the Power Options window, you will see a list of all the different power plans that are available.
4. Select the power plan that you want to use and then click Change Plan Settings.
5. You will now see a list of the settings that can be changed for this particular power plan.
6. Adjust each setting as you wish, bearing in mind that some settings may only apply in certain situations.
7. Once you have made all your changes, click Save Changes. Your new power plan settings will be in effect.
8. You can also select any of the other options listed in the Power Options window, such as Setting the display timeout, setting when the computer will go into sleep mode, and setting wake times.
9. When you are finished making all your changes, you can close out of the Control Panel window.
By following these steps, you have successfully changed your power settings in the Control Panel. With the right power settings, your computer will run more efficiently and save you energy. Remember to check your power settings periodically to make sure they are still appropriate for your needs. Additionally, you may want to look into using third-party applications or services to further customize your power settings.