Changing the appearance of your desktop background is a simple and easy way to customize the look of your computer. The process varies depending on the operating system you are using, but the basic steps are mostly the same.
If you are using Windows 10:
1. Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize from the drop-down menu.
2. This will open up a window with several options you can use to customize your desktop. Click on Background in the list on the left.
3. Here, you can choose from a selection of wallpapers that are already included in Windows 10, or you can click the Browse button to select one of your own images from your music, pictures, or videos library.
4. Once you have chosen the image you want to use as your wallpaper, select how you want it to display. Options include “Stretch”, “Tile”, “Centre”, and “Fit”. The preview box will show a sample of how it will look.
5. When you are happy with your selection, click Apply and then OK.
If you are using MacOS:
1. Click on the Apple logo in the top right corner of your screen, and then select System Preferences.
2. In the window that opens, select Desktop & Screen Saver.
3. Here, you can pick from the default wallpapers that come with MacOS, or click on the + icon at the bottom of the window to choose your own image from your library.
4. You can also select how you want the image to display, such as “Fill Screen”, “Fit to Screen”, or “Stretch to Fill Screen”. The preview box will show a sample of how it will look.
5. When you are happy with your selection, click Set Desktop Picture to make it your wallpaper.
Changing the background on your desktop is an easy way to give your computer a personalized look. All you need to do is find the right image and then select how you want it to be displayed. With a few clicks, you can make your desktop look exactly how you want it.