1. Open Control Panel on your computer. To do this, open the Start menu and select Control Panel from the list of options.
2. In the Control Panel window that appears, click System and Security.
3. Select “Power Options”.
4. You will now see a list of power plans for you computer. Select the plan you want to use by clicking on it.
5. Once you have selected the plan, you will see a few options to customize the power settings. This includes adjusting when the system should go to sleep, when to turn off the display, when to turn on the hard disk, etc. To change the power settings, click on the option you want to adjust and select the appropriate settings.
6. Once you are done making the changes, click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the window. The new settings should now be applied.
7. If you want to switch back to the default power settings, click “Restore Default Settings”. This will restore all power settings to their original settings.
8. When you are done, click “OK” to close the window.
That’s it! You should now be able to successfully change the power settings in your Control Panel.