In order to clear a paper jam in a printer, it is important to follow a few steps.
1. Turn off the power to the printer. This can usually be done by unplugging the printer power cord or pressing the power button.
2. Open the access door to the printer. This can be done by lifting up on the handle on the front of the printer.
3. Check the printer for any visible pieces of paper. If you see any, carefully remove them. Use tweezers if necessary to reach the paper.
4. Look for any small pieces of paper that might be stuck within the printer. These can often be seen if you look through the paper-feed slots. Use tweezers to carefully remove any pieces of paper that might be stuck.
5. Check the ink cartridge and make sure it is properly inserted. If there is an issue with the cartridge, it could be causing the paper jam.
6. Look inside the printer for any jammed paper. You will have to carefully pull out the sheet of paper that is caught in the rollers. Make sure that you do not rip the paper. Pulling too hard can damage the printer.
7. Once you have cleared the paper jam, close the access door to the printer and then plug the power cord.
8. Turn on the printer and send a test print to make sure that the printer is working properly.
These are some basic steps to help you clear a paper jam in your printer. It is possible that the paper jam could be caused by a malfunctioning roller and requires the services of a repair technician. If the paper jam persists, contact a professional for assistance.