1. To configure your sound and audio devices in the Control Panel, begin by launching the Start menu and selecting the Control Panel. The Control Panel window will open, showing several options.
2. Select the icon for Sound. The Sound window will be displayed, allowing you to view and adjust settings for sound and audio devices connected to your computer.
3. Select a Playback device from the list of available devices. All of the playback devices currently connected to your computer will be listed, such as headphones or speakers. Select the device that you want to use.
4. Adjust the volume of the selected playback device by clicking the volume slider bar and adjusting the settings. Use the arrows to the left of the slider to or click and hold on the bar to adjust the level. You can also select Advanced Settings to view additional options.
5. Adjust the volume settings for each individual application or game in the list of applications shown at the top portion of the window. This allows you to independently adjust the sound volume of each application or game.
6. Select your preferred audio device from the Recording tab. All of the recording devices connected to your computer will be listed in this tab. Select the device you want to use for recording.
7. Adjust the recording volume in the same way as the playback volume. Select the slider bar to the left of the microphone device and adjust the level using the arrows or by clicking and holding on the bar.
8. Choose the default device from the Default Device tab. All of your current playback and recording devices will be listed here. Select the device you want to be used as the default for playing and recording sound and audio.
9. Make any other changes as desired by selecting different options in the Sound window. When finished, click Apply and then OK to save your changes and exit. Your sound and audio devices are now configured in the Control Panel.