Configuring the firewall settings in Windows 10 is a crucial step for ensuring that your system remains secure from potential threats. While the default settings may be sufficient for most users, it is always recommended to review and customize your firewall settings for the best security for your system. The following steps will guide you through the process of customizing the firewall settings in Windows 10.
1. Open the Security & Maintenance window by typing “Security” in the Windows Search bar. When the window opens click on the “Firewall & Network Protection” link on the left-side menu.
2. In the new window, you can select either “Public Network” or “Private Network” depending on the type of connection you have.
3. Select the “Advanced Settings” link on the left-side menu.
4. This will open a new window that allows you to customize the various settings of the firewall. The majority of these settings will likely be set automatically by Windows, but if you want to alter any of them, you can do so here.
5. On the left side of the window, you can find a list of the different types of firewall rules. Selecting each of these will open up a new window where you can customize the settings for that particular rule.
6. You can also add or delete custom firewall rules by clicking on the “New Rule” or “Delete Rule” button on the right side of the window.
7. Finally, click “Apply” to save the changes and then click “OK” to close the windows.
By following these steps, you can successfully configure the firewall settings in Windows 10 to ensure the safety and security of your system. It is important to keep in mind that the changes you make should be based on your individual needs and requirements as every user has different security needs.