Creating a folder on a Windows-based machine is an extremely straightforward task, and requires no additional software or downloads.
1. First, open any folder or file explorer window by double-clicking the “My Computer” icon or by right-clicking the Start button and choosing “Open Windows Explorer.”
2. Once the window is open, look in the left pane to find the location you would like to create your folder. The “Desktop” is the easiest location to use, as it’s most easily accessible.
3. Right-click the folder where you want to create the new folder and select “New” from the pop-up menu.
4. From the next pop-up window select “Folder.”
5. Immediately after selecting “Folder” a new folder will appear in the same location with the name “New Folder.”
6. If you wish to rename the folder, you can simply click the folder once and type the desired name into the text field at the top of the window. Once you are finished, press the Enter button.
7. You now have a new folder in the chosen location.
8. To place items in the folder, you can drag and drop them or right-click and select “Copy” or “Move.”
9. If you wish to delete a folder, simply right-click on it, select “Delete” and then confirm that you wish to delete the folder.
10. Finally, if you would like to add a password to your folder, you can do so by opening the Properties window for that folder. To open the Properties window, right-click on the desired folder, select “Properties” and then click the “Security” tab. From here, you can set a password for the folder.
Following these steps will allow you to easily create, manage, and protect folders on your Windows-based machine.