Unzipping a zipped file in Windows is an easy process. The steps below will guide you through the process:
1. Find the zipped file that you want to unzip. This may be located on your desktop, in your downloads folder, or even inside another folder on your computer.
2. Right-click the zipped file. This will open a list of options.
3. Select “Extract All” from the list of options.
4. The “Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders” window will appear.
5. Click “Browse” and search for the location where you want to extract the files. You can choose the same folder where the zipped file is located, or you can choose a new folder. Once you have chosen the folder click “Select Folder”.
6. Click “Extract” at the bottom of the window.
7. A dialog box will appear to show the progress of the extraction. When it is finished, the files will be unzipped and available in the chosen location.
If you are unzipping multiple files, the process is similar. Follow steps 1-3 as above, but in step 4 choose the option “Extract Here” instead. This will extract all of the files and place them into a new folder, which will be created within the same directory as the zipped file. The new folder will be named with the same name as the zipped file.
Depending on the files included, the unzipping process may be slightly different. For example, some files types may need to be unzipped with a particular program or app. If this is the case, the options in the “right-click menu” of the zipped file may be slightly different. However, the process should remain generally the same as outlined above.
In summary, extracting a zipped file in Windows is a straightforward task that can be completed quickly and easily. All you need to do is locate the zipped file, right-click it and select either “Extract All” or “Extract Here”, choose the destination folder and click “Extract”. With these simple steps, you’ll be able to unzip any file in no time.