1. Install an antivirus software and run a full system scan. Ensure the antivirus software is up-to-date with the latest virus definitions.
2. Run a malware scanner to detect and remove malicious files.
3. Delete temporary files.
4. Check your startup programs and disable any programs you don’t need to run on startup.
5. Uninstall any unwanted or suspicious programs.
6. Free up disk space by deleting large and unnecessary files.
7. Clear your web browser cache.
8. Update your operating system, drivers, and applications.
9. Run a disk defragmenter to help organize the files on your drive and speed up access times.
10. Upgrade your hardware components if needed.