To open an existing file in Windows, follow the steps below:
1. From the Start menu, select File Explorer or Windows Explorer.
2. Navigate to the folder where the file is located.
3. Select the file you want to open by clicking on it once.
4. Depending on the type of file and its associated program, you will be presented with several options:
• If you double-click the file, the system will look for a program associated with the file type and open the file with that program.
• If you right-click the file and select Open With from the contextual menu, you can select the program with which to open the file.
• If you have multiple programs installed that can open the same type of file, then you can click Choose Default Program from the contextual menu to select a different program from the list of available programs.
5. After you have selected your desired method for opening the file, Windows will launch the associated program.
6. If the program needs additional information about the file before proceeding, such as the filename or location, you may be asked to provide it.
7. When the program has opened the file, you can begin editing it or viewing it according to the program’s features.
8. When you are done working with the file, make sure to save your changes before closing the program.