Windows Defender is a built-in security feature for Windows 10. It helps to protect your PC against malware, viruses and other threats you may encounter while surfing the web or downloading files.
Windows Defender runs in the background and regularly scans your computer for malware. You can also manually trigger a scan if you suspect a problem with your system.
To perform a scan with Windows Defender:
1. Open the Start menu and search for “Windows Security”. Click on the icon that appears to open the Windows Security window.
2. On the left side of the window, click on “Virus & threat protection”.
3. Under “Scan options”, click on “Full scan”.
4. Windows Defender will start to scan your system. The time it takes to complete the scan will depend on the size of your system, as well as the number of files that need to be scanned.
5. Once the scan is complete, you will see a report on any threats that were found and removed from your system.
6. You can also view past scan results by clicking on the “History” tab.
Windows Defender helps to protect your system against malicious threats, but it is recommended to use additional security software to further protect your system. Make sure to keep all your programs up to date and to run regular scans with Windows Defender and other security programs.