Replacing the toner in a scanner is a straight-forward process and should take no more than five minutes. Depending on the scanner model, this process may vary slightly, so it is important to read through these instructions closely and refer to the scanner’s user manual for any additional information or troubleshooting advice.
Before beginning, make sure that you have the correct toner cartridge for your scanner model. This information can usually be found on the label affixed to the back or side of the device, or on the packaging of the toner. Once you have the correct cartridge, you are ready to begin.
1. Begin by turning off the scanner and unplugging the power cord.
2. Open the scanner cover and locate the toner cartridge compartment.
3. Slide the holder out along the track and remove the empty cartridge.
4. Carefully remove the protective seal from the new toner cartridge using the tab.
5. Insert the toner cartridge in the holder, making sure that it is properly seated.
6. Close the scanner lid and replace the power cord.
7. Turn on the scanner and allow it to come back up to full power.
8. Reload any documents that were placed in the scanner.
9. Perform a test scan to verify that everything is correctly loaded.
The toner cartridge in your scanner should now be successfully replaced. If there are any issues with the installation, refer to the manual that came with the scanner or contact the manufacturer’s customer service department for additional help.