It is important to note that restoring your scanner to its factory settings will delete all of your saved data and settings. In order to restore the scanner to its factory settings, you will need to follow the specific instructions for your model of scanner. Each scanner model differs slightly, so it is best to refer to the manufacturer’s manual for more detailed steps.
1. Power off the scanner and unplug all connected cables.
2. Locate the reset button on the scanner. On many scanners, the reset button is located around the edge of the device, although it may also be inside the scanner.
3. Depending on your model, press and hold the reset button or press and hold down the reset button while plugging the power cord back in. Hold the reset button down until the scanner has reset itself and all LED lights turn off.
4. Disconnect and reconnect the power cable to the scanner. Some models may require additional steps, such as pressing the power button or pressing multiple buttons simultaneously. Refer to the manufacturer’s manual for additional instructions.
5. The scanner should now be restored to its factory settings. Check the user manual for any additional programs or applications that may need to be reinstalled.
6. Once completed, you can reconnect the scanner to your computer and test it to ensure the reset was successful.