Scanning a document using a scanner is a relatively simple process, though the specifics may vary depending on the scanner you have.
1. Ensure your document is placed correctly in your scanner and that the glass plate of the scanner is free of any dirt or dust. Also, make sure that the document covers the entire scanning area.
2. Connect your scanner to your computer either through an Ethernet connection or USB cable, whichever is appropriate for your particular scanner. If the scanner is not already installed on the computer, locate the setup disc and install it according to the instructions given.
3. Open the scanning software that came with the scanner, or a third-party scanning software if you prefer.
4. Choose or set the appropriate settings for the document you are scanning, such as resolution, size, file type, and color.
5. Place the document in the scanner and press the scan button, or navigate to the scanning tab in the scanning software to begin the scan.
6. Once the document has finished scanning, you will see a preview of the scanned image in the scanning software. Adjust any settings that need to be tweaked.
7. Finally, save the document to your computer. You will be asked for a title for the document and the type of file you would like it saved as. Make sure you save the document in the right folder so you can find it later.
That’s it! Your document is now scanned and ready to use.