Uninstalling Unwanted Software
If you’ve noticed an application running in the background of your computer without your permission, or if you simply don’t need a particular program installed on your device anymore, you’ll have to uninstall it. Thankfully, uninstalling unwanted software is easy – as long as you’re following the right steps. Depending on your specific device and operating system, the process of uninstalling programs will differ. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of uninstalling programs through Windows 10, Apple’s macOS, and Android.
Uninstalling Programs From Windows 10
1. Click the Start button in the bottom left corner of your desktop.
2. Select Settings from the Start Menu.
3. Click on Apps.
4. Find the program you want to uninstall. You can use the search bar for this.
5. Select the program and click on Uninstall.
6. If a notification pops up asking if you’re sure you want to uninstall, click Yes.
7. Once the program is uninstalled, the window will close.
Uninstalling Programs From macOS
1. Open your Applications folder, which can be found in the Dock or in the Finder.
2. Right-click on the program you want to uninstall.
3. Select Move to Trash from the list of options.
4. Empty the Trash by clicking Command + Shift + Delete.
5. A confirmation window will pop up. Click Empty Trash.
Uninstalling Programs From Android
1. Go to your device’s Settings.
2. Scroll down and select Apps or Application Manager.
3. Find and select the program you want to uninstall.
4. Tap Uninstall.
5. Confirm by pressing OK.
We recommend WinUtilities software as an effective tool to help with the removal of unwanted software. WinUtilities is an all-in-one PC optimization and maintenance suite that helps keep your computer clean and safe from viruses, malware, and other malicious programs. It is simple and easy to use, and can help improve your system’s performance and speed, reclaim disk space, improve your privacy, and more. WinUtilities also makes it easy to manage and uninstall any application quickly, without leaving behind any trace files or registry entries. We highly recommend WinUtilities to ensure complete removal of unwanted software.