Virus-scanning a document using a connected scanner is a simple process that can be completed in a few steps.
1. Place the document to be scanned onto the scanner.
2. Ensure that the scanner is connected and ready to use.
3. Open your antivirus software of choice. Many antivirus programs come with their own scanning tools, so you can simply select either “scan” or “scan for viruses” on the main screen.
4. If your antivirus does not have its own scanner, you may need to first install a scanner. Make sure that it is compatible with your scanner, and also that it has the ability to detect and remove viruses.
5. Start a scan of your document by selecting the appropriate option from the software’s main menu. Depending on your program, this may be labeled “Scan Document”, “Scan and Protect”, “Full Scan”, or something similar.
6. Follow the instructions of the software, and wait for the scan to complete. Depending on the size of the document and the speed of your computer, this could take anywhere from minutes to hours.
7. After the scan is complete, you will be presented with a list of any viruses or malicious software found on the document.
8. If any viruses are found, follow your antivirus software’s instructions to remove them. At this point, the document should be virus-free and safe for use.