Power settings allow you to adjust the performance of your computer and save energy. They are located in different places based on the version of Windows you are using.
If you are using Windows 10, you can access the power settings by clicking on the Start Menu and then clicking on Settings. Once in the Settings window, click on System and then Power & Sleep. From here, you can adjust the power settings for both plugged in and battery-powered mode.
If you are using Windows 7, you can access the power options by clicking on the Start Menu and then clicking on Control Panel. In the Control Panel window, click on System and Security and then select Power Options. From here, you can adjust the power settings for both plugged in and battery-powered mode.
Regardless of what version of Windows you are using, you will have several options to choose from when adjusting your power settings. Some of these include:
• Balanced: This is the default setting and offers a balance between performance and power efficiency.
• Power Saver: This mode reduces CPU and display usage in order to save power.
• High Performance: This mode increases CPU and display usage in order to maximize performance.
• Battery Limit: This mode sets the maximum battery charge level to 80 percent in order to extend its life.
• Custom: This mode allows you to set custom settings for each activity type.
When choosing your power settings, it is important to keep in mind that high performance settings will use more power and may result in reduced battery life. On the other hand, power saver settings will reduce performance but can be beneficial for extending battery life.
It is also important to remember that you can always adjust the settings later if your needs change. The power settings can be changed at any time by navigating to the same area of your operating system as described previously.
Finally, it is important to note that some applications may not be compatible with certain power settings, so you may need to experiment to find the best balance of performance and power efficiency for your usage.