1. Reputation: Conduct some research on the exchange and read customer reviews to learn more about their services and customer satisfaction.
2. Trading Fees: Look into the trading fees that the exchange charges as well as any other related fees such as withdrawal or deposit fees, to ensure you are getting the best deal.
3. Security: Look for an exchange that has a good security system, including two-factor authentication, cold storage and secure wallet functionality.
4. Payment Methods: Make sure the exchange allows the payment method that works best for your needs.
5. Coins Listed: Check to see what coins the exchange currently lists and if it is likely to list any coins that you may be interested in trading in the near future.
6. User Interface/User Experience: Investigate the user interface of the exchange to see if it is easy-to-use and intuitive to navigate.