1. Open the Start menu and type in “Control Panel”.
2. Click on the Control Panel app from the search results.
3. Click on User Accounts.
4. Under Pick a task, click Change your Windows password.
5. At the Enter Your Current Password window, enter your current password for the user account that you are trying to reset the password for.
6. Click Next.
7. Enter a new password for the user account in both the Type a New Password and Confirm New Password fields.
8. Check or uncheck the User Must Change Password at Next Logon button, depending on if you want this option enabled or disabled.
9. If you would like to set a password hint, enter it into the Type a Password Hint field.
10. Click on the Change Password button when finished.
11. You will be notified the password was changed successfully.
12. Click OK to continue.
13. Close the Control Panel window.
14. Open the Start menu and type in “System”.
15. Click on System from the search results.
16. In the left pane of the System window, click on Advanced system settings.
17. At the System Properties dialog box, select the Advanced tab and then click on the Settings… button under User Profiles.
18. At the User Profiles dialog box, select the user profile for which you have changed the password and click on the Reset Password… button.
19. At the Reset Password dialog box, type in the new password for the user profile you have selected, confirm the password and click on the Reset Password button.
20. The message “The password has been reset successfully.” will appear and you can now close the User Profiles and System Properties windows.
21. Once you have reset the password, the user will need to use the new password to log in to the computer.