Yes, scanners often come with built-in software that allows you to adjust the brightness and contrast settings. Depending on the model of your scanner, the exact steps might vary, but in general, here’s what you should do:
1. Start by opening up the software that came with your scanner. Most likely, this will be found in the Start menu of your computer, or as an icon on your desktop.
2. Look for the Brightness and Contrast settings.
3. To adjust the brightness of your scan, use the slider bar next to the “Brightness” field. Move the slider to the left to make the scan darker, or to the right to make it brighter.
4. To adjust the contrast of your scan, use the slider bar next to the “Contrast” field. Move the slider to the left to decrease the contrast, or to the right to increase it.
5. You can also adjust the overall gamma level of your image by using the “Gamma” field. This will affect the overall brightness and darkness of your scan. Move the slider to the left to make the scan darker, or to the right to make it brighter.
6. Once you are satisfied with the adjustments you have made, click “Apply” to save your changes.
7. Finally, click “Scan” to save your image with the new brightness and contrast settings.
That’s all there is to it! With just a few simple steps, you can adjust the brightness and contrast of any scan produced by your scanner.