Yes, there are several ways to improve scanner image resolution.
1. Clean the scanner bed and glass: Dirt and dust can adversely affect the resolution of an image. Make sure to clean your scanner bed and glass thoroughly with a dust-free cloth or compressed air.
2. Adjust the scan dpi (dots per inch): Most scanners have an adjustable dpi setting which governs the resolution of your scan. For example, if you set the dpi to 300, the resulting scan will have a resolution of 300 dots per inch. Higher dpi settings will result in higher resolution scans.
3. Adjust other settings: Some scanners have additional options such as contrast and brightness that affect the overall quality of the scan. In particular, adjusting the contrast can often produce much better results.
4. Use higher quality input material: The quality of your final scan will depend on the quality of your input material. If possible, always use high quality paper or other materials when scanning.
5. Use a professional scanning service: If all else fails or if you want a truly high-resolution scan, you may want to hire a professional scanning service. Professional scanning services use high-end scanners and can produce scans at resolutions up to and exceeding 2000 dpi.