Yes. Some ways to reduce the number of background processes include:
1. Uninstalling any unnecessary programs that are running in the background.
2. Shutting down any services that you don’t need.
3. Limiting the number of applications that start up automatically when your computer boots.
4. Limiting the number of browser tabs and extensions.
5. Keeping your operating system and security software updated.
6. Using a third-party task manager to identify and stop processes that are consuming too many resources.