1. Clock, Language and Region: This category of Windows Control Panel settings allow users to customize how the date, time, location, and language is displayed on the operating system. It contains options such as setting the language for the entire OS, setting regional and language options including formatting preferences for numbers, currency, and time, and setting the date, time and time-zone.
2. Network and Internet: This section allows users to configure internet, network, and web settings. It provides options such as configuring network adapters, sharing files and folders across a network, changing the network type, connecting to an existing network or creating a new one, and setting up a wireless connection if available.
3. Hardware and Sound: In this category, users can configure the various hardware devices installed in the computer including audio, video and game controllers, printers and scanners, storage devices, keyboards, pointing devices, and other input devices. They can also configure audio and sound related settings such as sound cards, speakers, and headphone configuration.
4. Programs: Here, users can view, install, uninstall and manage programs and applications they have installed on their computer. They can also set default programs for different file types and add, change, or remove optional Windows features.
5. User Accounts and Family Safety: This section allows users to create and manage user accounts, set parental control settings, and manage Windows Live accounts.
6. System and Security: This category of settings allows users to configure system settings such as display, power options, backup and restore, system protection, Windows Update, and Windows Firewall.
7. Ease of Access: This section contains accessibility settings for users who may need assistance when using their computer. This includes settings to adjust contrast and colors, audio descriptions, narration and text-to-speech, keyboard shortcuts, and more.
8. Appearance and Personalization: This area lets users customize their desktop backgrounds, window colors, fonts, and other visuals. They can also choose to download additional themes or customize the Mouse pointers.
9. Administrative Tools: This section provides administrative tools such as Device Manager, Event Viewer, Local Security Policy, Services, and Shared Folders to help manage the computer’s system. The tools provided in this section are intended for advanced users or system administrators.