1. Start by opening the Windows Control Panel. To do this, click the Windows logo start button in the lower left corner of the screen and select “Control Panel” from the pop-up menu.
2. Once the Control Panel is open, click the “Appearance and Personalization” option.
3. A list of items will appear in the window. Select the “Taskbar and Start Menu” option.
4. The “Taskbar and Start Menu Properties” window will open. Here you can customize the settings for your taskbar and start menu.
5. In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, you can change several different settings, including:
• Taskbar: You can adjust the size of the taskbar, lock it in place, hide icons, and more.
• Start Menu: You can customize the look of the start menu, organize shortcuts, and select which items appear on the start menu.
• Toolbars: You can add or remove toolbars from the taskbar, as well as customize their appearance.
• Notification Area: You can set which programs display notifications in the notification area, and adjust how long those notifications are visible.
• Taskbar Buttons: You can choose which windows buttons appear on the taskbar, and control how they are grouped.
• Jump Lists: You can control which items appear on jump lists, as well as how many items are displayed on the list.
Once you have made your desired changes to the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, click “OK” to save your changes.