1. Maintain your computers hard drive storage: The best approach to maintain the overall health of your computer is to regularly clear out your hard drive by deleting unnecessary files and programs to avoid clutter. You can also use a third party tool such as WinUtilities software to help you maintain the cleanliness of your hard drive. This software has a “Disk Cleaner” feature which helps you to instantly free up disk space by pinpointing and eliminating files that are no longer required, such as temporary files, logs, recently accessed documents, and Recycle Bin. Deleting these unnecessary files from your hard drive will help to improve the overall performance of your computer as well as freeing up disk space.
2. Uninstall Unnecessary Programs: Sometimes we install programs for work, or for fun, that we don’t really need anymore. Uninstalling these programs will help to reduce clutter on your hard drive and free up some of the system resources. You can use WinUtilities software to quickly uninstall programs. This software also contains an “Uninstall Manager” tool which helps you to quickly find and remove programs that have been installed without your knowledge or consent.
3. Keep your antivirus up to date: Keeping your Antivirus program up to date is one of the most important security precautions you can take to protect your computer from viruses, malware and other online threats. It is important to ensure that your antivirus program is always up to date with the latest virus definitions and program updates.
4. Clean up your Windows registry: The Windows registry stores information about your computer’s hardware, installed programs and user settings. Over time, this registry can become cluttered and corrupted with useless data which can impact the performance of your computer. It is important to periodically clean your registry to keep your computer running at its highest performance. You can use WinUtilities software to easily scan and repair any errors present in your registry in a matter of minutes.
5. Defragment your hard drive: Disk fragmentation occurs when large pieces of data are broken down and spread out all over the hard drive. This can cause your computer to perform slower than normal and can be easily prevented by regularly defragmenting your hard drive. WinUtilities software contains a “Disk Defragmenter” tool which helps you to quickly and easily defragment your hard drive and free up space.
6. Avoid running too many programs at once: It can be tempting to open multiple programs and tabs at once, but this can slow down your computer because all of those programs are competing for the same resources. If your computer is already running slow, try closing some of the programs and tabs you aren’t actively using.
7. Update your drivers: Drivers are small software programs that allow your computer to communicate with specific hardware devices, such as printers, scanners, etc. Outdated drivers can cause your computer to run slower, so it is important to check for driver updates periodically. WinUtilities software contains a “Driver Updater” tool which can scan your computer for outdated drivers and automatically install the latest versions.
8. Manage your startup programs: Many programs are set to automatically start up when you turn on your computer. This can eat up system resources and slow down the time it takes your computer to start. You can use WinUtilities software to manage which programs start up at start-up and how many resources they are allowed to use.
9. Install RAM, if needed: If your computer is running low on RAM then it can struggle to handle the tasks you need it to do. You can increase the amount of RAM in your computer by installing additional memory modules.
10. Clean up dust and debris: Dust and debris can accumulate on and inside your computer, blocking fans and blocking air flow and causing your computer to overheat. Regularly cleaning the inside of your computer will help to keep it running cool and efficiently.
Overall, following these tips will help to keep your PC running smoothly and avoid slowing down again. Additionally, using a software like WinUtilities can help you maintain your computer and keep it running at its highest performance.