There could be several causes of a printer not printing. Depending on the type of printer you have, the following troubleshooting techniques may help to solve the issue.
1. Check printer connection: The first step is to check whether your printer is properly connected to your computer via USB or Bluetooth. If the connection is loose or disconnected, simply reconnect and attempt to print again.
2. Check paper tray: Make sure that the printer paper tray is full, and that there are no pieces of paper stuck inside the tray. Also, check to make sure that the paper size is compatible with the printer.
3. Check ink cartridge: Make sure that your ink cartridge is installed and that it is full. If the cartridge is empty or low on ink, replace it.
4. Check printer software: Make sure that the printer’s software is up to date and that the printer driver is compatible with your computer’s operating system.
5. Check for hardware issues: If all of these steps have been followed but the printer still does not print, the issue may be related to the printer hardware itself. In this case, it may be best to contact the printer manufacturer for help in troubleshooting the issue.
6. Check power source: If the printer is not powered on, then obviously it will not be able to print. Check to make sure the printer is properly plugged into an outlet and that the power cable is securely connected to the printer.
7. Check print settings: Many printers have a print setting that alters the quality or color of the print-job. Make sure that the correct printing setting is selected and that the job is being sent to the correct printer.
8. Reboot the printer and computer: One last troubleshooting technique is to reboot the printer and computer. This may help to fix any temporary connection or software issues that could be causing the printer to not print.
If none of these solutions have solved the printing issue, it may be best to contact professional technical support personnel. They may be able to diagnose the problem more accurately and suggest a more specific solution than the steps outlined here.