Windows Defender is a powerful security tool that offers a variety of features to help protect your computer from the latest threats. Many of these features are automatically enabled when you install the program, but there are additional features you can choose to use for extra protection.
1. Firewall Protection: Windows Defender includes a built-in firewall that helps protect your computer against malicious attacks. The firewall monitors incoming and outgoing network traffic, filtering out malicious traffic before it reaches your system. It also allows you to configure specific rules for incoming and outgoing connections.
2. Network Monitoring: Windows Defender can monitor your network for malicious activity and notify you in the event of an attack. You can also configure the software to scan any new devices that join your network and alert you if they appear to be acting suspiciously.
3. Real Time Scanning: Windows Defender includes both manual and real time scanning options. The manual scanning option will scan your system for specific types of malicious threats, while the real time scanning option will continuously monitor your system for any potential threats.
4. Anti-Phishing: Windows Defender includes an anti-phishing feature that will warn you whenever you come across potentially dangerous websites. It can also block sites that are known to be malicious or contain phishing scams.
5. Spyware Protection: Windows Defender includes anti-spyware features as well, which can detect and remove spyware infections from your system. It also includes a quarantine feature that keeps any suspicious programs from running until you have time to review them.
6. Application Control: Windows Defender can help protect your system from malicious applications by giving you control over which programs can run on your system. You can allow or block specific applications from running, allowing you to make sure only legitimate programs are allowed to execute.
7. System Restore: Windows Defender includes a “System Restore” feature that can help you restore your system to a previous state in the event of a malicious attack. This feature can help you undo any damage caused by a virus or other type of threat.
8.Quarantine: As mentioned above, Windows Defender includes a quarantine feature that allows you to temporarily suspend programs that may be potentially harmful until you have a chance to review them. This feature can help keep your system safe until you can verify that the program is safe to run.
9. File Compatibility: Microsoft has included a file compatibility feature with Windows Defender that helps make sure that your system can run the latest applications without compatibility issues.
10. Cloud Protection: Windows Defender also includes cloud protection, which uses data submitted by other users to help identify and block malicious sites, files and programs. This feature allows Windows Defender to stay up to date on the latest threats and block them before they reach your system.
11. Application Whitelisting: Windows Defender includes an application whitelisting feature, which gives you control over which applications and processes can run on your system. This feature can help prevent malicious or unauthorized applications from running on your system.
12. Exploit Protection: Windows Defender includes an exploit protection feature that can help protect your system from exploits that are used to take advantage of vulnerabilities in software. This feature is especially useful for protecting your system from zero-day attacks.
13. Ransomware Protection: Windows Defender includes ransomware protection, which uses machine learning algorithms to block and prevent ransomware attacks. It also includes a recovery feature that allows you to restore your system in the event of an attack.
14. Online Protection: Windows Defender includes an online protection feature that helps protect your system from malicious websites and phishing scams. This feature also helps protect you when using public Wi-Fi networks and other vulnerable networks.
15. Parental Controls: Windows Defender includes parental controls to help you manage your children’s access to more adult-oriented content. You can specify what websites they can access and limit the amount of time they can spend online.
These are just a few of the many security features available with Windows Defender that can help keep your system secure from the latest threats. Using all of these features together can provide a comprehensive level of protection for your system and help protect you from malicious attacks.