If your scanner is not recognizing your computer, you may need to troubleshoot the issue. Here are some steps you can take to try to resolve the problem:
1. Check the USB or other connection cable between the scanner and the computer. Make sure it is properly connected and that the cable is not damaged in any way.
2. If you have recently installed any new software or hardware on the computer, try uninstalling or disabling it to see if that is the cause of the issue.
3. If you are using a USB scanner, check to make sure the device’s drivers are up to date. You can do this through your computer’s Device Manager.
4. Restart your computer and scanner and then try reconnecting them.
5. If necessary, try using a different USB port or a USB hub to connect the scanner.
6. Go to the manufacturer’s website to download and install any updated software or drivers for your scanner.
7. If you are using an older scanner, it may simply be incompatible with newer operating systems. In this case, you may need to upgrade your scanner.
8. Make sure your scanner is powered on and that the power source is working.
9. Some scanners will not work with certain devices, such as tablets. If you are trying to connect a scanner to a tablet, make sure the device is compatible before attempting to connect them.
10. Try connecting the scanner to a different computer to see if the issue is with the computer or the scanner.
If none of these steps solve the issue, you may need to contact the manufacturer of the scanner for further assistance.