1. Keep your operating system and applications up to date.
3. Disable any unwanted start-up programs that take up system resources.
4. Make sure you have enough RAM to run your applications.
5. Install an anti-virus/malware program and keep it updated.
6. Change the power settings on your PC to conserve energy while in use.
7. Monitor background processes to make sure they are not taking up too much of your CPU and RAM.
8. Run disk defragmenter and disk cleanup regularly.
9. Replace or upgrade old hardware components if needed.
10. Keep your graphics settings at medium levels if possible.