Changing the screen resolution of your computer allows you to adjust how items appear on the screen, from text size to the clarity of pictures. There are several methods available to change the resolution of your display and they vary depending on your operating system. The following guide is based on Windows 10 and should provide the necessary steps to adjust the resolution of your screen.
1. Right-click anywhere on your desktop and select Display settings from the context menu.
2. In the pop-up window that appears, scroll down and select Advanced display settings.
3. In the window that appears, you will see a dropdown menu labeled Resolution. Select the resolution you want to use from the dropdown list. Available resolutions will depend on the capabilities of your monitor.
4. Once you’ve made your selection, click Apply. You will be asked to confirm the change; click Keep changes and the resolution of your screen will be adjusted accordingly.
5. If the new resolution doesn’t suit your needs, you can revert back to your previous settings by clicking the Revert button at the bottom of the window.
It is important to note that changing the resolution may cause some of your programs or icons to look stretched or distorted. If this happens, rearrange the items on your screen so that everything looks correct. You can also try increasing or decreasing the size of items on the screen by using the scaling options.
In summary, changing the resolution of your screen is relatively straightforward and can be done in just a few steps. Start by right-clicking on your desktop and selecting Display settings from the context menu. Next, select Advanced display settings and then choose your desired resolution from the available options. Finally, click Apply and confirm the change to apply the new settings.