1. Do your research: Before investing in cryptocurrency, it is important to research and understand the asset class. Investigate key factors such as market capitalization, technology, liquidity, trading volume, historical price movements and the team behind the project.
2. Understand the risks: Cryptocurrencies are volatile and risky investments, so it is important to understand the potential downside before investing.
3. Start small: As with any new investment, it is important to start small and only invest what you can afford to lose.
4. Diversify your portfolio: As with any type of investment, diversifying your portfolio can help to minimise risk.
5. Keep your investments safe: Make sure your investments are kept secure using a hardware wallet or a custodial service.
6. Monitor the market: Regularly monitor the market to make sure you are aware of changes in prices and trends.