1. Check your computer to see if it has any antivirus software already installed. This can usually be done by searching for “antivirus” or “security” in the start menu.
2. If an antivirus program is not already installed, download a free or paid version from a reputable source. The download should include instructions on how to install the software.
3. Follow the instructions to complete the installation and configure the settings, such as scheduling when the antivirus program should scan for viruses.
4. Regularly update your antivirus software to ensure you have the most recent virus definitions to protect against the latest threats.
5. Scan your computer regularly with the antivirus software to ensure that any viruses, worms, and trojans are detected and removed before they can do damage.